Videos are not the future of the digital marketing landscape anymore; they are its present!
Today a vast majority of businesses rely on video content to thrive in the market.
According to the survey conducted by Wyzowl, 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
Wizowly claimed this figure to be the highest since 2016.
The reason behind this widespread usage and popularity of video content is obviously the emergence of new video features introduced by various social media platforms.
Instagram reels, Facebook Livestream, and Tiktok videos have completely revolutionised the impact of video content in social media marketing.
Additionally, the rise in the usage of smartphones and the availability of high internet speed have contributed to the high consumption of video content by social media users.
The article aims to discuss the positive ways in which video content impacts social media marketing.f
The positive impact of video content on social media marketing
Video content has impacted social media marketing positively in many ways. Below is the mention of some of them.
Videos are way more engaging than other content forms like text or images.
This is because videos have the ability to connect with viewers emotionally and provide personalised and immersive experiences that help them achieve more likes, comments and shares.
To prove this, here are some stats from Wizowls survey on video marketing–
- 96% of video marketers say video marketing has increased user understanding of their product or service.
- 53% say video marketing has helped them reduce support queries.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 51% of people are likelier to share videos with their friends than any other type of content, making video comfortably the most ‘shareable’ type of online content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (source)
In the realm of social media marketing, video content is an effective tool for getting conversions. Whether it is a product/service promotion or call to action, videos persuade and encourage users to take the desired action, which may be anything like making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter or more.
- 89% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a product or service.
- 79% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a software or app.
- 92% say video gives them a good return on their investment – another all-time high
- 87% say video marketing has helped them increase sales
- 90% say video marketing has helped them generate leads
Enhanced Brand Awareness
Videos play an important role in establishing a strong brand relationship with customers.
Through videos, businesses tell their brand story, showcase brand values and convey their personality, which helps them connect with customers emotionally.
In addition, testimonial videos or demonstration videos work as a medium to instil trust among people regarding the brand’s products and the brand itself and make them believe that the business they are engaging with is credible enough.
Also, the branding elements like the logo & slogan incorporated in the videos create a memorable brand image in the mind of the customers, eventually increasing brand awareness among the target audience.
- 95% said video marketing has helped them increase brand awareness. (source)
- 37% of people believing testimonial videos are effective because they’re more authentic than a business. (source)
- 91% of people say they want to see more online videos from brands in 2023. (source)
Improved Reach & Visibility
You must have experienced that reels on Instagram tend to get more views than other types of posts. That is because social media algorithms prioritise video content over other form of content and show it to a larger audience.
Thus, businesses or marketers who include video content in social media marketing strategies are likely to reach more people, significantly boosting online visibility.
To back this up, here are some statistics-
- Reels have the highest estimated reach (33.8%) among every other content type. (source)
- online videos had an audience reach of 91.8% among internet users worldwide. (source)
- More than three out of every five internet searches result in the user seeing video content
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos daily, while Facebook users watch 100 million hours of video daily
- YouTube is one of the biggest platforms for video ads, as marketers are able to target the 2.6 billion people worldwide who use YouTube at least once per month. (source)
We hope you found the above statistics evident enough to convive yourself that including video in your content marketing strategy is the need of hour.
Not only in social marketing but throughout the digital marketing landscape , videos have become an indespensable tool for businesses to connect with customers.
So, if you are still neglecting making video content a part of your digital marketing strategy, it is high time to reconsider.
If you aren’t sure how to get started with video marketing, Bitvero can help! Our marketing and graphic design experts will help you create videos that work for every social media platform and help you achieve success.